Friday, August 24, 2012

Regulators, consider yourselves officially challenged to debate the wisdom of your bank regulations

I hold that current bank regulations, most especially capital requirements based on perceived risk, are utterly absurd, and dangerous, and that regulators have behaved irresponsibly when imposing these; and should be held accountable for participating directly, though certainly unwittingly, in causing the current economic difficulties... which are threatening to take the Western world down. 

I have argued the above in hundreds of conferences and thousands of blog comments, emails and articles, soon for a whole decade, and I have never ever received the hint of any type of counterargument from any regulator. 

Therefore I challenge all regulators, most especially the hot-shots like Mario Draghi, Lord Turner, Michel Barnier, Timothy Geithner, Mervyn King, Ben Bernanke, or of course whoever they want to designate to champion their cause, to publicly debate the issue with me, in depth.

Regulators, please stop waging war on the "risky"... they have it hard enough as is!

Per Kurowski 
A former Executive Director at the World Bank (2002-2004) 
Currently also censored by the Financial Times 
perkurowski@gmail.com

PS. Do you really want me to lower myself so much as to name you “The sissy bunch”, in order to get your attention? Well, if you absolutely want me to, if I absolutely have to... I guess I must and will.

PS. If you do not know what it is to wake up in the middle of the night, sweating, thinking, “what is it that I have missed” you have no clue about how it feels to question, so fundamentally as I do You… The Regulatory Establishment.

PS. Do I have the necessary qualifications to participate in the debate? You bet! Just read some of my earliest comments and warnings on this issue. Few if any has been so clear so early on what was expecting us.


PS. And 2022 Ben Bernanke won a Nobel Prize in Economics. Amazing how they guard each other’s backs. 

PLEASE!, all those of you who feel regulators should dare to debate their regulations, do whatever you can do to support this challenge… tweeting re-tweeting or even calling your congressman!